Friday, April 18, 2008

Guest Blogger ~ Nina Pierce ~ The Healer's Garden

Hi Title Magicians, writer magicians, and especially readers. Today I have the privilege of introducing a new author, one of my fellow authors with Liquid Silver Books. Her first novel is impressive to me personally because of the futuristic subject and because of her writing style. Nina's words flow beautifully onto the page, a melodic capturing of the story she tells.
The cover art for her next three novels, gorgeous and romantically sensual ~ you have to check them out on the Books Coming Soon forum page at Liquid Silver ~ anyway Anne Cain's cover art resonates perfectly with Nina's stories and with her lovely writing style. It is that magical blending of the arts, visual and novel, which simply enchants and further enhances a reader's enjoyment.

"Cause… I said"
Thanks for inviting me over to your place, ladies. Sometimes a writer just needs to get out, stretch her legs, and visit another blog! Happy to be here visiting with everyone today! I’m Nina Pierce, new to the publishing world. My debut novel "The Healer’s Garden" (direct link:
http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/thehealersgarden.htm) was a December molten erotic release from Liquid Silver Books. It’s not dark or chilling but it is a suspense story that takes place in an alternative future.
A world left after the devastating plague of the twenty-first century nearly wiped out the male population and significantly decreased the female population. A place where woman have evolved and developed the talents of prophesying, telepathy, telekinesis, and the greatest gift of all—healing.
In this female dominated society, continuing the human population is of utmost importance. The virus that decimated humans has also rendered male sperm incapable of surviving artificial insemination and cloning has yet to be perfected. The government has enslaved acceptable males and decreed that woman must mate with them and birth two infants before the age of thirty.
It’s at the government breeding facility known as the Garden of Serenity that gifted healer Jahara Hriznek meets the mating instructor Brenimyn and so begins their tumultuous relationship.
Brenimyn believes the time is now to rise up and restore social equality for all. He is searching for the one woman prophesied to be his mate and partner in the battle against the government and believes Jahara is that woman. But can Brenimyn convince Jahara to trust her heart and follow him? And will that love be enough to unite them in a coup against the government and bring about a new world order?
I love this couple... love that Brenimyn is willing to risk his life to stand up for something he believes in and fight for the woman he loves.
I was born in the 60’s, but I am not a child of the 60’s. That was an era when men and women laid down in front of bulldozers or carried picket signs or stood up against the government on court hall steps. I’ve never stepped up in public and fought for a cause I believed in. I’m opinionated and not too shy to express myself, but have never gone to jail to prove a point. I greatly admire people who have stepped out of their comfort zone and stood up for a cause.
I love to hear stories of people with that much bravery. Have you taken a stand? Or would you like to? Tell me about it. I’ll be here all day!
(website)
http://www.ninapierce.com
(blog) http://www.ninapierce.com/romanceblog
(The Healer’s Book Trailer on YouTube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZFsFlfmuc8

Psssst...I snuck over late at night and stole these fantabulous reviews from Nina's website.
Reviews for Healer’s Garden
See what Yolanda of TwoLips Reviews is saying about this hot, sexy, erotic romance book. .
Nina Pierce’s The Healer’s Garden is a wonderful tale...(Jahara and Brenimyn's) battle to overcome prejudices and stereotypes leaves the reader cheering for them and their quest to stay together and make a positive change. The characters are well written...The Healer’s Garden is a must read!
4.5 lips
See what Whitney of Simply Romance Reviews is saying about this hot, sexy, erotic romance book. . .
"The plot was unique...Jahara and Bren were great main characters and you find yourself pulling for them almost from the moment they meet. This is a great read and if you are in the mood for a sexy futuristic romance, The Healer’s Garden is the book for you."
Rating: A
See what Denise Kivett of Rogues and Romance is saying about this hot, sexy, erotic romance book. . .
"Wow! What a great read! ... grabs your attention from the very first page, and holds on to it throughout the entire story ... amazingly well crafted with realistic qualities ... Nina Pierce is an excellent writer, and you’ll find yourself pouring through The Healer’s Garden and wanting more...
Heat Rating: 4 Cupid's Aphrodisiac
Violence Rating: 0

7 comments:

Anitra Lynn McLeod said...

It sounds like a great tale! I also like the cover art; it's very sensual and artistic.

When I was sixteen, I stood up to fight against nuclear waste being dumped in Utah. Through the years I've continued to stand against using one of the most beautiful places on Earth as a dumping ground. :)

Nina Pierce said...

Hi Anitra. Thank you for the compliment on the cover art. Anne Cain designed that for me. I fell in love with it when she sent it my way.

Wow! I admire your stand at 16. That's impressive. Growing up in Maine, we didn't have anything like that going on. Thanks for visiting.

Savanna Kougar said...

Anitra, yay! for you!
I've done a fair share of standing up in my life with the hope that justice and right would prevail.

Savanna Kougar said...

Nina, I'm so excited you're here! When your next three novels are released I hope you'll be a guest blogger again.

Nina Pierce said...

Savanna, thank you. I'd love to come back! :D

Anitra Lynn McLeod said...

Thank you both, Sav and Nina--I took a stand because I love my home state: Don't dump your garbage here!

And let me apologize for the very few comments from the members of this blog as most of us are at the RT convention. I'm sure they will post later when they have some time. But I'm so thrilled you shared your story with us! And please, come back again when things are a bit more "normal".

LOL! As if there is such a thing in the writing world. Normal? Ya. The first challenge is to define the word normal!

But I've really enjoyed reading about your novel and your insight. Wonderful blog and thank you Sav for hosting Nina. :)

Unknown said...

Great interview. Book cover is yummy, too.