Thursday, April 17, 2008

RT - A Squee a Minute

Okay, I have to say that the RT Con is completely insane. In a good way, of course, but still insane. Just in the elevator alone, I’ve seen MaryJanice Davidson (Squee!), Marjorie Liu (Squee!), Jade Lee (Squee!)and Mary Balogh (Squee!). I even passed Bertrice Small in the hallway(Squee-quee!). The only thing keeping me from pulling a Wayne and Garth style “We’re not worthy!” scene every five minutes is that the hotel is so packed, there’s just not room to do it properly. I may be geeking out, but I’m still practical, dammit.

For someone who’s a little crowd phobic, it’s really overwhelming, so I’ve been taking it all in weensie chunks. I’m taking advantage of the workshops, though. I’ve been to a couple of paranormal panels. This morning Trish, Holli, and I heard J.R. Ward and Jessica Anderson talk about world building and pacing. I’ve indulged my pen-whore addiction in the freebie hallway, and I’m dragging my poor hubby to the goody room later before we get ready for the faery ball. First, though, I’ve got to scoot if I’m going to learn how to construct the Surefire Six-Step Pitch.

There are two and a half days left, so stay tuned! :-)

6 comments:

Mai Christy Thao said...

Mel!! Sounds like you're having a blast. Keep us posted! And yeah, I'd be squeeing right alongside you in the presense of those you've just mentioned. =)

Anitra Lynn McLeod said...

I am turning green with envy! Please keep the great info coming. :)

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, Mel, I's squeeing with you and for you!!!
Yes, yes, like Anitra said, keep those reports coming...
This is wonderful!

Mel Hiers said...

We will! We got to meet with Liz this morning, and we all missed you guys. Your ears were probably all burning an hour ago. We're about to go down to the luncheon where they'll make the announcement. One of us'll probably post tonight. *hugs*

Unknown said...

Wish I was there. I think. I'm getting more and more crowd phobic, too.

Trish Milburn said...

It was a ton of fun. I didn't know quite what to expect, but it ended up being a nice blend of workshops and fun partying. I'm happy to say my friends and I shut down the parties and dancing at midnight every night (says she whose feet are still recovering). :)